Saturday 21 May 2011

Post 51 - Submission & Presentation

I have uploaded my rig files as well as the capture files. After taking part in the presentation, the initial feedback from both my supervisor and Brain Larkman was very positive. I feel that I have demonstrated a wide variety of rigging techniques and documented this in what I feel is a constructive and helpful manner. I have managed to follow the initial proposal very closely and have picked up a number of skills along the way.


I have learnt how to rig using bones, joints and blend shapes / morph targets (amongst many others)


Additional skills I have picked up includes Maya software, muscle systems and skinning strategies (as well as blend shape modelling).


As for future improvements and development, there are a couple of things which I would be interested in. One would be to add skin influence to the eyes so that when they rotate, they move the skin surrounding the eyes slightly. Additionally, there are a couple of items, which rather than being directly parented, would benefit from being position constrained. This effectively would do the same job, but has a slightly different hierarchy and is more animation friendly.  


I await the feedback, but I am very pleased with the outcome of this module as a viewed it as an opportunity to learn something that I had almost no knowledge of at the beginning. I hope the videos that I have put on YouTube are useful to people as so far I have had some responses and I have been able to help a few people with rigging related questions.














> I'm so happy, but my hands and feet have fallen off.

No comments:

Post a Comment