Tuesday 8 March 2011

Post 04 - Proposal Submission

The task one - NSD proposal has been finished and submitted. I feel confident that it is a good piece of work and includes a realistic weekly planner. I will attempt to follow as closely as possible (but I am aware that aspects and areas may change or time).

The next phase is to start following the weekly planner and start to learn the basics of rigging, what is available in the listed software packages and what useful sources and teaching aids there are.

Basic pipeline so far will be:

3ds Max

Biped / CAT / Bones (also bone rigging for face, once Maya rigging is complete)

Maya

Joints / Blend Shapes (facial)

I want to start looking into the various techniques avaliable in 3ds Max, but I am aware (trohugh my research) that Maya has a large presence in both CG film and games industries. For this reason, I wish to look at 3ds Max initially, then move onto joints systems of rigging in Maya. I have chosen to look into facial bone structures in 3ds Max and blend shapes in Maya for a couple of reasons. I wish to look at the two different systems and I want to look at the different methods, so it is an attempt to 'mix it up' a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment