Tuesday 12 April 2011

Post 26 - Driven Keys... TOES!!!

Deviating from the the Autodesk Maya books, I decided to create a controller for the toes. They initially were wired up to nothing and had no way of controlling them efficiently. I used the exact same process as mentioned in the previous post (NURBS controller, custom attributes, then setting driven keys).


As I suspected, the process went incredibly smoothly, with no problems. Any alterations that I needed to make were possible by simply re-keying the keys at the designated times. For the toes, I created toe curls for each toe (minimum -10, maximum 10) These were then animated so that at ten, they are slightly raised and straightened (if you were to stretch your toes) -10 resulted in a toe curl. Toe spread was also created as well as my favourite, 'toe scrunch'. The toe scrunch applies to all toes as does the toe spread.


Toe Controls clip - LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment