Wednesday 9 February 2011

Post 01 - Thoughts and development progress

I have so far had a meeting with my supervisor Darren Wall and we discussed which skills I wished to develop (as well as the research practice module).

Here are a brief list of topic areas that I feel would be of a benefit to develop:

-Rigging
-Normal lMapping / UV Texturing
-Re-topology

This would either be with a pre made character (i.e. the demo soldier from ZBrush), or I would make a simple character, possibly in ZBrush.

ZBrush model from Semester A
Another avenue that I could explore is to use a character that I made in the last semester for my 3D Technology module (this is logged in my other blog titled: 3D Technologies). The character was 'polypainted' and is more than 8 million polygons in size. So this would be an ideal 'candidate' as I could learn how to retopologise the character, then rigging it and maybe create UV and normal maps, which I could then apply to the low resolution model. The result would be a 3d model, which has a very reasonable poly count, and yet still retains the detail of the hi resolution version version.

This is currently just an idea / area that I wish to explore and will probably be localised to maybe just rigging, or just re-topology / textures.

The next phase is to conduct some research into each area and will be mentioned in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment